Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Joining the World of Blogging

We have finally joined the world of blogging!  I have put off this day for a long time.  The rebel inside me did not want to join the blogging craze, and I certainly don't need one more thing to remember to update.

However, last night David and I came to the conclusion that a blog is the best way to chronicle our family's life (since I am not too keen on delving into scrapbooking, and David is not too keen on piling up paper photo albums, journals, etc). We also realized that our current "Parkinson Family website" on Weebly is definitely unsatisfactory, and yet we still need a way to keep in touch with family and friends around the globe.

Thus, as much as I hate to admit it, we have turned into amateur "bloggers."

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Your background is TDF (to die for) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know too much about blogs but I suppose myfamily and facebook are types of blogs. Your new blog is certainly an appealing blog. Can you post pics and fliks on this blog? Can you save it like a personal history? I just don't know how far a blog can go. Well happy blogging! I'll swing by your blog occasionally and blog you. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dad!
    Yeah, we are hoping to post both pictures and home movies on the blog. It is supposed to be backed up by the Google servers so hopefully it is saved. We are planning to make it into a personal/family history, like you mentioned. Also, there is a company that will print your blog posts if you ever want a hard copy. We are excited about the idea and hope it works out!
    love, D

    ReplyDelete