Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pie!

Yesterday I made Key Lime Pie.  We've made it once before with a recipe from Emeril, and it was  delicious!  It didn't disappoint last night either.  It's a pretty easy recipe, except for the zesting and juicing of the limes.  Zesting takes forever because you generate such a tiny amount at a time.  Then, I had to juice by hand, and boy was it tedious!!! I had a few tiny cuts on my fingers, which burned like crazy, and I splattered some lime juice on my shirt (prior to donning the apron) which resulted in tiny bleached spots.

The other thing about pies is that there are so many separate steps with waiting in between.  It always seems to be quiet the process.  Of course, I've only made pies by myself three times now, so maybe I just haven't mastered multi-tasking and using that down time productively.

Needless to say, just when I start to think that I need to make pies more often, I remember how much work it takes, and reconsider!  However, there is no denying that pies are extremely delicious and make the husband very happy :]




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, I know! Isn't it cute? I got it for our wedding, but I can't remember who gave it to us :( But it's my fave!

      Delete
  2. Desta, That is the prettiest looking keylime! Must be the grated fingers you added?#*! At work someone brought ginger snaps made with fresh grated ginger . . . They were soooooo good! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dad. Oh my gosh, I hope no part of my fingers ended up in there! Gross! Yum, I love ginger cookies, I will have to look for a recipe like that, it sounds gooood.

    ReplyDelete