Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey and Baby

We're back at school after Thanksgiving break... but not really.  Now we just can't wait for Christmas!  This very minute David has a Christmas Pandora station playing in our little apartment.  We've also hung up our few Christmas decorations, and I plan on putting up the Christmas lights today!

Thanksgiving was wonderful!  We played lots of games, talked to family, baked, and saw movies in the theater.  We also had a baby shower! That was probably the most exciting part for me!  David was the best husband ever and helped a TON with the preparations, and even agreed to stick around for the party, since it was open house style and we weren't doing any goofy group games or a mass present opening.

The theme colors were red, pink, and white, with snowflakes and "It's a girl" decorations.  We had a big buffet of yummy food, and also collected a bunch of family baby pictures to hang int he living room for people to enjoy.  We also had two games available for guests to play, a "Guess the name of the Baby Animal" game, and a "Wishes for Baby" game.  "Wishes for Baby" was my favorite, because I got to read them all afterwards. It's a fill-in-the-blank type of game.  Some were really sweet, like the one David wrote, and some were very funny, like the one our friend Daniel wrote.  Here's Daniel's for your enjoyment:

Wishes for Baby
I hope that you... are awesome.
I hope you aren't afraid of... your dad.
I hope you love... uncle Daniel.
I hope you get... a brother.
I hope you laugh... at Westley.
I hope you never forget... how awesome your parents are.
I hope you ignore... stupid boys.
I hope you become... a mom.
I hope you respect... your parents.
I hope you [insert DON'T] grow... facial hair.
With love, Daniel Mason





















Even more photos can be viewed on our Photo Stream (link found under the Photo Albums tag).

1 comment: