Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hurry up and wait!

Well, it's that time in pregnancy where every day feels like a century!  I'm not necessarily uncomfortable physically (although I am looking forward to the perks of no longer being pregnant), mostly I'm just anxious to have a cute little baby already!  We are due this upcoming Monday, January 21st, Martin Luther King Jr. day, 4 days from now.... you know the one.  However, I have a feeling she will be late.  Most first pregnancies are, right?  I'm trying to enjoy my last days on Earth prior to eternal motherhood.  This is what the midwife recommended, rather than going crazy trying to induce labor, but I will admit I get a little tweaky and excited when ANYTHING happens that seems remotely related to labor. Ha!

Last weekend some good friends threw me a baby shower here in Provo.  We played some fun games, ate pancakes, and were serenaded live!  It was very fun, and I was reminded of how lucky I am for friendship :)

Last night we went to the BYU basketball against St. Mary's.  It was a close game the second half and we thought we had won when we scored a two pointer that put us ahead with only 3 seconds left.  Amazingly, a St. Mary's player recovered the ball and shot from nearly half court...and MADE IT.  We were all astounded.  And very sad.  BUT, it was a fun game to watch, and we had great company.


Baby shower games!





BYU basketball game.

9 months pregnant! This picture makes me look a lot like the Pillsbury Doughboy...





4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are due on Monday! So exciting!!! I can't wait to meet your little princess and find out what her name is :] I remember when I was trying to get you to tell me her name at water aerobics and I am proud that you kept it a secret so long haha! I hope you know you can come to me if you need anything or have any questions. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, you know what else is crazy? Thinking that Brady is already 2 months old! Woooww! What a cutie. I CAN'T WAIT to tell everyone her name. And I miss going to water aerobics with you. We should come up with some other excuses to spend time together :) thanks for the love

      Delete
  2. Well, I am one excited & anxious Grandma-to-be! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love them! I am busy sewing some sweet little burp cloths in the evenings, and that is helping to deal with the anticipation....Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MOM! I'm just going to quit telling you what other baby stuff we need because I should know by now that you will take it upon yourself to buy or make it for us! Gosh, I love you to death. Can't wait to see you... very soon hopefully!

      Delete