Sunday, May 1, 2016

This morning it was damp and snowy.  I wish it would be warm for good! I want to play outside, go to the pool, eat dinner on the back porch, etc. Church was good, but I have been feeling so blah in my church clothes lately. Two of my four skirts are insanely tight and uncomfortable around my waist. I really want to find some simple, cute, comfortable items for my Sunday wardrobe. I started looking online today and hope I have found some good items on ModCloth. I found an outline for a 33 piece wardrobe that really appeals to the minimalist in me. It really helped me think about what colors I want to stick to so I can easily mix and match, as well as what styles I like.

I love being the Relief Society secretary. I think it is my perfect calling. I get to have a break from little kids and have relationships with adult women in RS. I can do a lot of my work from behind the scenes, and I can have fun designing little things like the newsletter and bulletin board and Christmas hand outs. I love the ladies I work with, too. I admire them so much! Florence Parker, Bernice Christensen, and Wendy Skidmore are all women I aspire to be like!  I want to be a blend of them when I grow up ;)

Wakely slept amazingly well last night! It was his first time sleeping "through the night," and he did it in a major way!  Instead of going his usual 4 hours between feedings at the beginning of the night, he went from 7:00pm to 4:45am!! It was crazy. I don't plan on that happening again for a long time, but it sure was wonderful last night.

Calise is having a hard time going to nursery. She screamed when we dropped her off. Luckily, Shai Parsons is a total angel and takes her and helps her calm down and probably holds her the entire time.

Yesterday we went to the temple and Summer watched Wakely while we did initiatories We left the girls with David's family. It is always so fun to see Summer and go out to eat with her. We went to the new Cheesecake factory at the Coronado Mall. We had a 50 minute wait! It was delicious and worth the wait, in my opinion. Summer brought up how she will be moving away after she finishes school, since there isn't much of a singles scene in NM. It made me so sad to think of that!

Today we talked about tithing in church and how the Lord blesses us for obeying commandments. I really need to become SOLID about scripture study and personal prayer. I know my family will be blessed if I do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment