Saturday, May 7, 2016

Today we planted our garden!  It was so fun. Amazingly, all three kids slept simultaneously for about 1 1/2 hours! David and I got to work in peace and quiet. We can't wait to have some amazing veggies growing in our yard!  We are still very new to gardening (our second year) so I am worried about our seeds not growing, etc. Scott contributed some of his amazing composted soil to our grow boxes. We put up a giant trellis for our sugar snap peas. We even got to squeeze in a walk to Rover park and some play time there after all the work was done. It was a fabulous Saturday. To top it all off, when we got home, there was a notice that CeCe's Garden's had tried to deliver some flowers to me. David  totally surprised me with some gorgeous Mother's Day flowers.

Calise is getting so good at repeating any small words she can possibly manage. She babels and "sings" a lot too. She is much cuddlier than McKindrey tends to be, so I love picking her up and feeling her wrap her arms tight around my neck, or lay her head against  my chest.

For dinner we had soup, and it was making a mess, so David suggested bibs. I went to put one on Calise and of course, she immediately began trying to rip it off. Luckily, she likes to do practically everything McKindrey does, so I put one on McKindrey and said, "Look, Calise, McKindrey is wearing a bib, too!" McKindrey, bless her, chimed in "Yes, Calise, look, I am wearing a bib, too!  Big girls wear bibs!" In that moment, despite the many times I have had doubts int he past, I knew she is meant to be a great leader in our family, and will continue to grow into an amazing big sister.

Wakely is incredibly handsome and cute, especially when he smiles and coos, which he does quite a bit of! He is SO good natured. I just adore that little guy SO MUCH!!! Gaaaah! I love it when i get to just sit and play with him on my lap, I can't help but beam down at him the whole time.

David has really gone the extra mile recently with my birthday and Mother's Day. I hope I can make his upcoming birthday something special... even though he already "bought" his present (his new road bike).



No comments:

Post a Comment